Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Public Affair

Do you know, that amidst a sea of shoppers, stores, and really horrible traffic in Greenhills, lies an oasis that seems truly heaven sent? On the second level of The Promenade, the quaint (even in such a location) Cafe Publico stands fairly unnoticed- I say this with conviction because Epok completely walked past it. This is a good thing though, because it is able to maintain this kind of cool ambiance and artsy vibe. 

"Welcome Rug"
Check!

A tile mosaic "rug" welcomes you in, where immediately you feel like you've been whisked into an authentic parisian patisserie.  I seriously looked around for macarons, berets and french speaking people.  Instead, my eyes were treated to a wonderful array of mouth-watering gelato flavors (free tasting too!). 

The "Sophia Loren" is a combo of Pistachio and Strawberry flavors

I tried the vanilla (of course), thai tea (very unusual tasting), and some others but eventually went for "toothpaste," which tasted like mint and bubblegum. Y-U-M! I can honestly gobble this up by the bucket.  Pretty affordable too- one huge scoop for 105 pesos leaves my pockets dent-free.  Another big plus is that they also carry coffee, some sandwiches and a few cake desserts- ALL of which i vow to try next time. 

 
 All mine!

 Surely, I am to carry on with this affair. Bon Apetit!

1 comment:

  1. And i wasn't even informed about this.. I could have tried a gelato instead of the usual milk tea!

    ReplyDelete